I’m a business owner; how can SEO help grow my business online?
There are so many ways SEO or Search Engine Optimizations can help grow businesses of all sizes – regardless of the location.
A solid SEO could get your website ranked higher in search engines like Google, Bing, Yandex, Yahoo etc. If your website is on page one with the specific keywords you want to target, your potential customers will be able to find you quickly and easily – this will undoubtedly increase conversion rates.
I want to start doing SEO on my website. How do I get started?
When it comes to SEO, the beginning is always the hardest. If you’re new to it, learning will take time, effort and money – in short; it will cost you a lot! It is more costly compared to hiring a specialist to do it for you.
However, if you want to learn how to do it yourself, below are the DIY SEO process that can help you to get started.
1. Audit your website – you can use screaming frog or SEMrush to do this. They both offer a free trial.
3. If you don’t have time to check google ads planner or keyword everywhere, you can also use your services as your main keywords. For example, you offer electrical services in Perth – You might want to use keywords like Electricians Perth, Perth Electricians, Electrician Perth, Electrical Services Perth.
Please note, you can target these keywords on the homepage or services pages. Each page can target up to 2 keywords, and these keywords should be on your link, title tag, meta tag, headers, description and content.
4. Once your keywords are all set up. You can then start creating your website architecture. Please see the sample of a good website architecture below.
5. You need to start with the main menu, and then the sub-drops-downs, or sub-services titles.
6. Once your menu and services title is set up, you can begin creating the link for each page.
7. When you are done with the links, start working on the content one page at a time. Please note that your content should have a headline, sub-headline, headers, description and the main body. Do not forget to mention your keywords on the sections mentioned.
Please also note that you should not overdo it – or it will be over-optimised which is not good for SEO and your website could be penalised.
8. When content in all pages is complete, you can start developing your website.
If you are looking for a developer or website builder, we can help you!
And lastly, if you need more help with your SEO, we are here! Regardless of the size of your business, we would be able to help you. From 8 to 85 pages, we can handle the SEO for you!